Managing your server with SSH alone can be intimidating. Good thing for us is that AKLWEB Host has a View Console option. To fully utilize AKLWEB Host’s VNC console capabilities, you can install GUI software. This guide will teach you how.
- Login to your VPS by clicking “View Console” in the AKLWEB Host control panel.
- Make sure that your packages and dependencies are up-to-date.
yum update -y
- Next, install the files required.
yum groupinstall -y "X Window System" "Desktop" yum install -y gnome-core xfce4 xorg-x11-fonts
- The previous commands might take a while to finish. Once they have finished:
- Scroll down to the bottom, until you see the line:
- Change the
5. The line should be the same as the line below:
- Press Ctrl + X, then Y, then Enter twice to save your changes.
- Reboot your VPS by issuing the command
reboot, or clicking the “Reboot” button.
- Your VPS will now reboot with a desktop-like interface. Login using root, and your default password.
- And you’re done! You can now do tasks with the help of GUI. You can optionally install Firefox too!