The default Internet Explorer options are very restrictive and do not allow web browsing or downloading of files for security purposes. To easiest method is to download another browser, such as Google Chrome, and use that browser to pull content from the internet.
To download Google Chrome, please follow these instructions:
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Click into the Tools > Internet Options menu.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites, then the Sites button.
- Add the following entry: *.google.com
- Browse to www.google.com/chrome
- Follow the instructions to download and install Google Chrome
Once Google Chrome has been installed, you can use this browser to access content without restrictions